Frequently Asked Question
PM COORDINATOR Maintenance Management System FAQS
1. What is PM COORDINATOR?
PM Coordinator is a compact but very powerful Maintenance Management System. This application is the ideal choice for any organization that needs a computerized maintenance system but doesn't require inventory control and purchasing. If you require these features then we invite you to look at our Maintenance Coordinator applications. Maintenance Coordinator contains all the great features of PM Coordinator plus so much more.
2. What’s the main difference between PM Coordinator and Maintenance Coordinator?
PM Coordinator is actually a scaled down version of Maintenance Coordinator. As there are actually a lot of differences, the primary different is that PM Coordinator does not support Inventory control and Purchasing.
Both products however support both repair and recurring work orders and PMs. Both can also save summaries of completed work orders to equipment history logs.
Other key elements PM Coordinator does not support”
- Password protection
- Auto email of work orders
- Add-on modules
3. Can you add modules to PM Coordinator?
No, only Maintenance Coordinator can be customized.
4. What are the basic steps of installing the software for network use?
1. Install the program on each client computer as you would as if it was a single user setup.
2. Activate the software on each computer it's installed to.
3. Copy the databases used by the program to a sharable network drive. These are the files with an .mdb extension.
4. Point to the databases on the network from each computer the program is installed.
5. What is the Auto email feature?
This is a little application you leave running on a PC somewhere in the background. When a new work order becomes due the program will automatically email up to three mechanics (or assignments) a copy of the actual work order. These documents can be in either the RTF or PDF formats. You can set it up so the documents are sent from 1 to 7 days before their scheduled start date.
6. What is the uses of PM COORDINATOR?
With PM Coordinator you get the same powerful scheduler engine that is found in our Maintenance Coordinator CMMS. This powerful scheduler allows you to create both recurring and single shot types of work orders. To assistance ease with the creation procedure we have included a Work Order Creation wizard. This wizard will step you through the creation procedure and even provide instant assistance as you move over controls.
The Work Orders module is designed for the easy creation of Work Orders and Work Order Requests. The user only requires to access a single screen in the creation of 4 different work order types. The system coordinator can sort the database to view all newly created work requests, turning them into actual work orders or denying the work to be performed.