Frequently Asked Question
ARGUS Valuation - Capitalization FAQS
1. What are the ARGUS Valuation Capitalization system necessities?
The following signifies the minimum supported system necessities for use of ARGUS Valuation Capitalization V2.50.001.
Customer PC Requirements
- Memory: At least 512 Mb of RAM (1 Gb for Vista)
- Hard Drive: At least 90 megabytes of hard disk space for program installation. A further 10 megabytes of hard disk space is required for data storage. For corporate systems, 20-50 megabytes are recommended.
- Processor: 1 GHz processor (or faster)
- Display: SuperVGA 1024 x 768 (or higher resolution) color monitor
Microsoft Excel Export and Import Requirement
- MS Excel 2003 or higher
2. What is ARGUS Valuation Capitalization?
ARGUS Valuation Capitalization is developed through ARGUS Software and is used by 1 users of Software Informer. The most popular version of this product among our users is 2.5. The name of the program executable file is invwin.exe.
3. What are uses of ARGUS Valuation Capitalization?
The software qualifies inputs for any number of properties with unlimited tenants and vacancies from simple single-tenant properties to complex portfolios. Within ARGUS Valuation- Capitalization, properties can be defined in fine detail including location, freehold and leasehold tenures, capital costs, operating expenses, stamp duty, land purchase tax, fees, tax, inflation and much more.
ARGUS Valuation-Capitalisation also tracks records and reports over time so they can be measured from any given start and end points, producing a historic cash flow that calculates the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) over any period.
4. In what way do I change the property currency?
To change the currency for a property, double-click on the property within the “Property” area of the Command Centre to open the property record. On the left of the “address” tab is a field called “Currency”. Clicking onto the blue “currency” hyper-link on the left of the field will enable you to select a different currency for this property. You can also choose to convert data at this stage if amounts have already been entered in a different currency.
5. In what way do I upgrade to the latest version of ARGUS Valuation- Capitalisation?
Please follow the steps below; the support team will require to supply you with the install password.
Before proceeding with the upgrade please confirm:
a) You have taken a backup of your database (the default Paradox database is the data folder within the program folder)
b) If you have any custom reports or templates, take a back up of these
c) All users are logged out of the program
d) It is important that you know the filename and path of your installation in order to upgrade.